Easy Fridge Cheesecake

Hello

Most people that knows me knows... I love a fridge tart. Peppermint, cremora, marshmallow, yoghurt... I love them and so does my Husband and more recently my son has started liking them too. My husband and I (and my son but who am I kidding- he just makes the process longer LOL) whipped up one on Saturday evening for Sunday in less than 30 mins- clean up included!

For this recipe you will need:

1 x Pack of 80g Strawberry Jelly or flavor of your choice
1 x Cup (250ml) of boiling water
1 x Tub 230g Plain Cream Cheese
1 x Can of Condensed Milk
1 x Orley Whip Dessert Topping or Cream

2 Packs of Tennis Biscuits for the crust
FYI I do not like the butter and tennis biscuit mix for a base. I have a perfect square dish which I just pack them in.

For the base:
Arrange tennis biscuits on bottom and sides of dish- square will work best. You can use a double layer on the bottom but I'm not a huge lover of Tennis Biscuits so I just do single. Set aside

1. Mix Jelly and boiling water and stir until it's dissolved. Set aside to cool for a bit but NOT set- not even slightly set! I just pop it in the fridge cos it's a quick recipe.
2. Beat the cream cheese with electric mixture till is smooth- add condensed milk to cream cheese and mix well with electric mixer.
3. In a seperate bowl beat Orley Whip/ Cream until soft peaks form.
4. Now the final step for the mixture, Mix together the Jelly that has slightly cooled with the cream cheese mixture. Lastly add the cream and mix together (I cannot call it "fold it in". Because the mixture is like a milkshake! So I just beat it with the mixer as well on lowest speed and until it's just mixed).

Now you can S L O W L Y pour the mixture over the biscuits. It's really thin and if you're not careful the biscuits will move out of place. I add a layer of tennis biscuits in the middle but you have to get someone to hold the biscuits in place with a fork- they lift easily as the mix is thin. Otherwise if I'm alone I just pour it super slow and I don't pour it down on one area- I move along the biscuits just so they stay in pace and if they list a bit I just poke them down with a fork.

Refrigerate overnight- the mixture sets beautifully and you get a soft, fluffy result with no jelly feeling- I hate fridge tarts that are stiff like jelly. You can make it any flavor you want. You don't taste the cream cheese like you would with a lemon one but I love this one much more.

My favourite will always be yoghurt tart though- but this one takes second place xxx

I will post pics as soon as I make it again- unfortunatelly it was all gone before I could take a picture.

Comments